Dubai to look at future of steel industry
India-based information services provider SteelMint is hosting an event titled SteelVia: The Global Steel Innovations Forum, which will take place Sept. 25-27 at Le Meridien hotel in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Steel Mint describes the event, which features conference sessions and an exhibit hall, as a “platform to showcase the disruptive and cutting-edge technological innovations in the steel and associated sectors [that] can bring [changes to] operational efficiency [and] cost-effectiveness.” A goal of the event, says the firm, is “to facilitate constructive dialogue between innovators and innovation seekers.”
Speakers and panellists lined up for the event hail from several steelmaking and steel-related companies and organizations, including:
- The Indian Steel Association
- Agha Steel Industries Ltd., Pakistan
- Esfahan Steel Company, Iran
- Egyptian Steel, Egypt
- Ecomaister, Korea office
- Environmental Clean Technologies (ECT), India office
- Beijing Allied Rongda Engineering Material Co. Ltd., China
- Shandong Province Metallurgical Engineering Ltd., China
- M. N. Dastur& Co., India
- University of New South Wales, Australia; and
- Tokohu University, Japan
Topics to be covered by these speakers and other include new raw materials processing, melt shop, alloying, slag treatment and steel rolling technologies.