Real Estate Bill among 12 proposed this week
The government of India said that a total of 12 bills including the Aadhar Bill, Whistle Blower Protection Bill, Child Labour Bill and Real Estate Bill are proposed to be taken up in parliament this week.
“Heavy financial and legislative agenda awaits the third week of Budget session of Parliament beginning Tuesday next week and has only four working days, with Monday being a holiday on account of Mahashivratri,” said Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs.
A total of 12 Bills are on the agenda of the Government for the next week including 7 in the Lok Sabha and 5 in the Rajya Sabha.
The Bills proposed to be taken up in the Lok Sabha next week are:
1. Introducton, Consideration and Passing of the Enemy Property (Amendment & Validation) Bill, 2016 to replace an Ordinance;
2. Two Appropriation Bills relating to Demands for Grants on Account (Railways) for 2016-17 and Supplementary Demands for Grants (Railways) for 2015-16, on conclusion of ongoing discussion;
3. Two Appropriation Bills relating to Demands for Grants on Account (General) for 2016-17 and Supplementary Demands for Grants (General) for 2015-16 (after initiation and conclusion of discussion);
4. Consideration and Passing of the Adhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Bill, 2016; and
5. Consideration and Passing of the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Orders (Amendment) Bill,2016.
In addition to further consideration and return of Appropriation Bills relating to Railway and General Budgets to the Lok Sabha, the Legislative agenda proposed for the next week in Rajya Sabha is:
1. Consideration and Passing of the Bureau of Indian Standards Bill, 2015, as passed by the Lok Sabha;
2. Consideration and Passing of the National Waterways Bill, 2016, as passed by the Lok Sabha;
3. Consideration and Passing of the Whistle Blowers Protection (Amendment) Bill, 2015, as passed by the Lok Sabha;
4. Consideration and Passing of the Child Labour (Prohibition & Regulation) Amendment Bill, 2012.
While making a Statement in the Rajya Sabha on the Business of the House for the third week of Budget session, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi informed the House that the Government would like to also move the Real Estate (Development & Regulation) Bill which is pending in the Upper House.
“During the first two weeks of the ongoing Budget session, both the Houses passed the Election Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2016 giving voting rights to the people who became Indian Citizens following the exchange of conclaves between India and Bangladesh,” said Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs in a statement.
In addition, Rajya Sabha has passed two more Bills which were earlier passed by the Lok Sabha viz., The High Court and Supreme Court (Salaries and Conditions of Service) Amendment Bill,2015 and The Carriage by Air (Amendment) Bill, 2015.
Both the Houses also discussed incidents happened in the Jawaharlal Nehru University and the Hyderabad Central University. Besides, Rajya Sabha also took up two Calling Attention Motions on the breakdown of law and order in Delhi and the comments attributed to a Union Minister allegedly against minorities.
While the Lok Sabah adopted a Motion of Thanks to the President for his address to both the Houses at a Joint Session, discussion in this regard is in progress in the Upper House.