Shriram properties appoints five eminent independent directors onto its board
Shriram Properties Limited (SPL), one of the leading residential real estate development companies, primarily focused on the mid-market and affordable housing categories in South India, has announced the appointment of 5 independent directors from diverse backgrounds to its Board of Directors.
The 5 new independent directors who have joined the board are:
- Mr. T. S. Vijayan – Former Chairman of LIC and Former Chairman of IRDA
- Ms. Anita Kapur – Former Chairperson of CBDT, Government of India
- Mr. K. G. Krishnamurthy – Managing Director, HDFC Property Ventures Limited
- Professor R. Vaidyanathan – Retired Professor of Finance, IIM-B
- Mr. Anil Goswami – Retired Home Secretary, Government of India
The Board has also elected Mr. M Murali as the Chairman and Managing Director of the Company. The new board comprises of 9 members, including two Investor Nominees and five Independent Directors.
Welcoming the new independent directors, Mr. M. Murali, Chairman, and Managing Director, Shriram Properties Limited said, “We are indeed privileged to have eminent professionals from diverse backgrounds on our Board and strongly believe that the Company will benefit from their collective knowledge and wisdom. I am confident that the new Board will add value to our endeavors, as we embark on our next phase of growth. We will leverage their experience to further strengthen our governance and managing systems.”
SPL is part of the Shriram Group, which is a prominent business group with four decades of operating history and a well-recognized brand in India.