The Realty Plus Conclave
One of the most notable events of the real-estate concluded on Friday September 30th with much fanfare. The Chief Guest of the occasion ShekharDutt, Former Governor of Chhattisgarh, Deputy National Security Advisor & Defence Secretary, Government of India addressed the audience on the need of innovation in all sectors from defence to real estate and construction & design. The Keynote Speaker ShriNiranjanHiranandani, Founder & Managing Director Hiranandani Group while mentioning his long association with Realty Plus from its inception affirmed that real estate market will continue to grow as urban population and economy continues to be on rise. “The need for housing in Indian cities is immense and developers and government alike have not been able to fulfil it. The government needs to make more efforts to bring the taxation and other costs down to help develop affordable homes for the masses,” he said.
Highlight of the day was the release of the book of internationally acclaimed architect Christopher Charles Benninger”Architecture for Modern India”. He was also presented the “Scroll oh Honour” by ShekharDutt. This was followed by the Cover Launch of “India’s Top 100 Developers 2016” – a forthcoming Coffee Table Book by Realty Plus.
Perhaps, a first in the history of real estate events was the presentation emphasizing the image building for real-estate professionals. This was presented by Konkana Bakshi, Former Miss India & Miss Elegance World. She was felicitated by renowned music director & singer Anu Malik.
An interesting presentation was on the urban renewal project of a 100 year old settlement in Mumbai ‘Bhendi Bazaar” by SaifeeBurraniUpliftment Trust (SBUT). It was exhibited by the architect of the project QutubMandviwala, Principal Architect, MandviwalaQutub and Associates. As the architect rightly pointed out more than the redevelopment project this was an upliftment project. He accepted the Scroll of Honour on behalf of Dr.QaidjoherbhaisahebEzzuddin, Chairman, SBUT who was unable to attend the event due to his religious commitments.
The two panel discussions on the topics of ‘Real estate regulatory Bill- Effects & Consequences’ and ‘Workspace Management – raising company’s bottomline’ touched the cord amongst the audience as they enthusiastically participated in the discussion. The eminent panellists of the first topic included Sudhir Nair, Director, CRISIL; J.S Augustine, Chief-Innovations & Strategies, NirmalLifestyle;SandeepGoswami, Certified Analyst – Science & Policy of Climate Change, World Bank Institute; Sudhir Mishra Founder & Managing Partner, Trust Legal; Mona Jalota, Director – International & NRI, Colliers and Vaijanath, CGM Real Estate State Bank of India.
The next topic panellists were Abdullah Al Abdooli, Managing Director – Al Marjan Island Development LLC, Ras Al Khaimah UAE; AdhurthiRao, Managing Director, Form & Design; Ashish Podar, Senior Director, Asset Services, CBRE South Asia; Ar. SanthaMattoo, Founder, Planet 3Studio and Sanjay Dutt, CEO, Ascendas.
Among those presented the Scroll of Honour wereAshok Mohanani, Chairman & Managing Director, Ekta World, DiipeshBhagtani, National Convenor of CREDAI Youth Wing & Executive Director, Jaycee Homes, Ar. Premnath, Principal Architect, Premnath& Associates, Pratik H Patel, Director, Rajesh Lifespaces, Sanjay Dutt, CEO – India operations, Ascendas-Singbridge India and Vivek Kumar, Chief Executive Officer, Amby Valley City and Hotel Sahara Star.
This was followed by the Cover Launch of “India’s Top 100 Developers 2016” – a forthcoming Coffee Table Book by Realty Plus. The knowledge partner for the book is CRISIL.
The Partners of the event were as follows:
1.Sahara Star(Hospitality Partner)
2.CRISIL (Knowledge Partner)
3.Supreme (Conclave Partner)
5.Trust Legal (Law Firm Partner)
7.Supported by NAREDCO
The glittering evening of Realty Plus awards
The Realty Plus awards evening on September 30th Friday, saw the who’s who of the industry attending the event. The Porsche cars parked right in the banquet hall added to the glamour quotient.
The Guest of Honour for the evening Abdullah Al Abdooli, Managing Director – Al Marjan Island Development LLC, Ras Al Khaimah especially came from UAE to grace the occasion. He congratulated Realty Plus for putting up such a grand event and bringing together the eminent personalities of real estate to deliberate on the important issues. He said, “India and UAE relationship goes back many years. We look forward to working together in may more beneficial ways to make this relationship stronger.”
This year was special for Realty Plus as they launched the “Power Building Brands Awards-2016” to felicitate those who have excelled in the building materials & construction systems industry. Abdullah along with Chief Guest ShekharDutt and architect Benninger presented the ‘Power Building Brands awards -2016’. The winners were:
• Bathroom & Designer Accessories – Hindware and CERA Sanitaryware
• Flooring & Roofing Products – Bestone, JunckersIndustrier A/s and Parex Group India
• Glass, Doors & Windows & Facades -Hunter Douglas India
• Paints, Wallpapers & Decorative Laminates – Amulya Mica
• Pumps, Pipes & Water Technologies – Percept Waterproofing Services Limited and KSB Pumps Ltd
• Cement & Concrete Products – Godrej Construction, JK Lakshmi Cement Ltd and Birla Shakti Cement
• Elevators & Escalators – Victora Lifts Pvt Ltd.
• Steel & Steel Structures – Kirby Building Systems India Pvt Ltd and Jindal Steel & Power Ltd
This was followed by the 8th Realty plus Excellence Awards which touched new heights of credibility with inclusion of international architects and professionals as part of the 11 member Jury panel. The online Jury included AnujPuri, Chairman & Country Head, JLL India; Abdulla Al Abdooli, Managing Director – Al Marjan Island Development LLC; Ar. James Law, Founder & CEO, James Law Cybertecture International;DevinaGhildial, MD, South Asia, RICS;Jaideep Gandhi, MD, Jaya Advertising; Joe Verghese, MD, Colliers International; Ar. Yatin Patel, Founding Partner &Director, DSP Design Associates;Harpreet Singh, Partner, PWC and R. John Ringness, Managing Director – NEXT FMS, Canada.
The winners in various categories were as follows:
• Affordable Housing Project of the year – Sanghvi Group for Sanghvi Paradise
• Mid-Segment Project of the year – Dheeraj Realty for Livsmart
• Luxury Project of the year – Rajesh LifeSpaces for Raj Tattva and Rustomjee Developers for RustomjeeOriana
• Themed Project of the year – Koltepatil Developers for Western Avenue
• Residential Property of the year – Oberoi Realty for Sky City and Nirmal Lifestyle Ltd. for Bright & Delights
• Green Project of the year – K. Raheja Corp for MindspaceAiroli
• Super Luxury Project of the Year – Omkar Realtors & Developers for Omkar 1973, Worli and Rustomjee Developers for Rustomjee Seasons
• Excellence in Delivery – Supreme Universal for Supreme Badrinath, Supreme Signet, Supreme Epitome and Supreme Stellar
• Emerging Developer of the Year- Residential – RohanLifescapes
• Developer of the year – Residential – Oberoi Realty and Godrej Properties
• Retail Property of the Year – Virtuous Retail for VR SURAT
• Emerging Developer of the Year- Commercial – VTP Realty
• Young Achievers Award – Navin Makhija, Managing Director, Wadhwa Group
• Commercial Property of the Year – The Phoenix Mills Ltd
• Integrated Township of the Year below 350 acres – Rustomjee Developers for RustomjeeUrbaniaand
• Sunteck Realty Limited for Sunteck City, ODC
• Integrated Township of the Year above 350 acres – Koltepatil Developers for Life Republic
• Villa Project of the Year – Supreme Universal for Supreme Palm, Pune
• Slum Rehabilitation Project of the Year – Omkar Realtors & Developers
• Advertising Agency of the year- Alok Nanda & Company for Lodha
• Digital Marketing Campaign of the year – Pacifica Companies for Reflections
• OOH Marketing campaign of the year – Kalpataru Limited for Aspire
• Print campaign of the year – EKTA World for Life Ka Chance
• Innovative Marketing Concept of the Year – Radius Developers for Anantya and Runwal Group for MyCity
• Television campaign of the year – GO INIT for Vadodara Property Carnival 2016
• Property Management Firm of the year – CBRE South Asia Private Limited
• Real Estate Website of the year – Rohan Lifescapes
• CSR Initiative of the Year – Omkar Realtors & Developers for Omkar Foundation
• Property Portal of the Year – Proptiger.com
• International Property Consultant of the year – Cushman & Wakefield