Trimble Introduces Tekla 2019 Structural BIM Software Solutions
Trimble introduced today the latest versions of its Tekla structural BIM (Building Information Modeling) software solutions for the construction industry: Tekla Structures 2019, Tekla Structural Designer 2019, TeklaTedds 2019 and Tekla EPM 2019. Trimble’s solutions support professionals in the structural steel, precast and cast-in-place concrete industries with the Constructible Process, an innovative approach for the digital transformation of architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) and engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) workflows.
Tekla Structures 2019 delivers enhancements, improvements and new features that enable smoother workflows, more precise control and improved productivity, including:
- Geometry improvements for describing curved structures, such as bent plates and staircases that boost productivity and eliminate the need for workarounds.
- New automated features for model-based drawing production and upgraded precast production data exports support more streamlined design communication and information transfer from detailing to production.
- Rebar detailing enhancements, such as rebar rounding at the model, set and modifier levels, which allow more intuitive control and efficiency when detailing and documenting reinforced cast-in-place concrete.
- Cast-in-place (CIP) concrete workflowsfor improved Pour Unit, which makes it easier than ever to create reliable, structured pour takeoffs, reports and drawings.
- CIP concrete formwork tools that are upgraded and simplified to boost detailed and efficient formwork workflow.
Tekla Structures 2019 includes new tools such as Revit Export, an extension which brings greater flexibility when working with .rvt files, and the Design-to-Cost tool, which supports faster value engineering and more economical precast solutions.
A new Bridge Creator extension, which makes early design phase workflows faster and easier, has also been introduced as part of a new customized bridge designer role and ribbon menu containing productivity-boosting bridge design tools.
Improvements in drawings include annotation cloning for faster and easier creation of general arrangement drawings, more intelligent handling of drawing views, improved dimensioning productivity, and increased support for a wider variety of Building Information Modeling (BIM) objects. It is also now easier to meet office standards for documents and drawings, with enhanced Drawing Content Management and aligned marks.