Winter is on the way, time to get your home ready
Winter is around the corner, so just start prepping your abode by adding warmth for the seasonal change. Here are a few tips by Sameer A. M, Co founder & CEO of Bonito Designs for you to consider for a cozy space for this winter.
- Use warmer tones of colors in the layers
- Warm colors like red, yellow and orange can be used in the textiles and accessories.
- Layer with accent colors such as deep red, oranges, gold, and browns.
- Elements that are easily changeable with the season are revamped to suit the theme.
- Use thicker curtains
- Curtains with thick textiles such as wool, cotton, leather, and fleece are best for insulation of the windows
- These textiles are the best when used for their thickness yet they can be stylized so as not to lose the charm of the place.
- No matter the size of the room, rugs can always alleviate the look of a place.
- Even the smallest of the rugs can bring a sense of coziness to a place
4.Warm aromas in the room
- Put winter flowers that smell nice in every room in bowls to keep the room feeling fresh and warm
- Some of the essential oils one can use to make the space feel like a cozy winter day are cedar and sandalwood.
5.Upgrade your displays
- This is the best time to put on display your favorite crochet works and cross-stitch pieces
- Decorate your display racks with candles of various sizes and colors – they provide a warm light to the ambiance of the room
- Throw pillows and comforters can be arranged in a stylish way across the room for a cozy feeling.