A Study in Incorporating ‘Ultimate Grey’
Architect Aparna Kaushik
Sleek and sophisticated, moody and dignified, resilient and dramatic, the colour grey offers innumerable expressions within a space. Here are a few ideas to incorporate ‘Ultimate Grey’ – Pantone’s Colour of 2021
A few pointers on how to incorporate ultimate grey into your interiors:
- Add depth to a small space with light grey walls: A light hint of grey tint to the room makes it feel instantly modern, as well as bigger.
- Textured grey: Instead of plain grey, go for textured finishes to highlight your space. Polished marble with veins and fluting on the walls are a perfect combo of contrasting textures within the same colour scheme.
- Let details shine: Grey accessories scattered around the room strategically provide interest throughout. Metallic finishes such as brass or wrought iron go well with all grey tones.
- Moody grey glamour: Vibrant wall art and sumptuous throws add to the glamour of a dark grey scheme.
- Accentuate with white: Bright white trim and elements help break the monotony of grey and keep the space looking fresh and airy.
- Grey furniture: Grey doesn’t have to be limited to only walls or accessories. Bring in minimal style furniture in this hue to modernize your room.