Bombay HC sanctions redevelopment of 25 dilapidated buildings

Bombay HC sanctions redevelopment of 25 dilapidated buildings
14/09/2019 , by , in News/Views

Bombay high court on Wednesday cleared the decks for redevelopment of 25 dilapidated buildings at Sion Koliwada, which house Partition refugees, after it allowed the government to implement a scheme to include their names in land records.

A bench of Justices Satyaranan Dharmadhikari and Gautam Patel was hearing a petition by one building’s residents opposing the demolition.

The government was previously asked if it has any policy to redevelop the buildings. Government advocate Laxmikant Satelkar submitted revenue and forest departments’ affidavit stating that the government had no such plans or policy.

The affidavit said 25 buildings at Sardar Nagar consisted of 1,200 flats; 19 buildings were constructed in 1955 and six in 1963. It said conveyance deeds were given to most flats in 19 buildings.

About Realty Plus

Loading...