CBRE Leads Global Investment Sales Activity in First Half of 2020
CBRE was the top-ranked firm for commercial real estate investment sales globally during the first half of 2020, according to Real Capital Analytics (RCA). CBRE was also the number one firm in RCA’s Asia Pacific (APAC) rankings.
RCA credited CBRE with a 25.8% market share across all property types on a global basis in H1 2020—nearly double the number two and three firms combined. CBRE also leads RCA’s global rankings across office, industrial, retail, multifamily and development sites.
In addition to being number one globally, CBRE held the top spot for commercial real estate investment sales in all three global regions, the Americas, Asia Pacific, and Europe, Middle East & Africa. In APAC, RCA credited CBRE with a market-leading share of 33.5% across all property types. CBRE secured the top spot in RCA’s APAC rankings across office, industrial, apartment, and development sites.
“Our teams across Asia Pacific have been actively collaborating to explore innovative ways to meet investors’ ever-changing needs during these unprecedented times. RCA’s APAC ranking is testimony to our collective energy across all markets in the region and we are proud of our performance. I look forward to sustaining our efforts to continue producing exceptional outcomes for our clients,” said Greg Hyland, Head of Capital Markets, Asia Pacific for CBRE.
“In this challenging market, CBRE’s insight, relationships and global reach have never been more valued by investors. Our Capital Markets teams continue to adapt and find new ways to meet investor needs and create opportunities during these unprecedented times. We are proud of our performance in the RCA global rankings and look forward to sustaining our performance for our clients in the second half of the year and beyond,” said Chris Ludeman, Global President of Capital Markets for CBRE.
Highlights from RCA’s H1 2020 APAC rankings include:
- CBRE was the top APAC office sales as seller representative, with a market share of 21.3%
- CBRE was the top APAC advisor for industrial and logistics sales, with a market share of 22.5%
- CBRE claimed the top position in APAC for development site sales, with an industry-leading market share of 60%
- CBRE was the number one firm for apartment sales in APAC, with a market-leading share of 64.9%.
- CBRE was the top global office sales as seller representative, with a market share of 25.0% in H1 2020.
- CBRE was the world’s leading advisor for industrial and logistics sales, with a market share of 27.2%.
- CBRE claimed the top global position in apartment sales with an industry-leading market- share of 26.6%.
- CBRE was the number one firm for global retail sales, with a market-leading share of 26.2%.