Help Kerala flood victims
Kerala is witnessing the worst flood crisis in a century as 173 people have died, according to the state government. The state has received 37% excess rainfall in a short period of two months. Union Home Minister, Rajnath Singh has called it the worst floods in Kerala since 1924.
The state, battling floods and landslides, has plunged deeper into crisis with hospitals facing shortage of oxygen and fuel stations running dry. Rescue efforts have been progressing on war footing. Power supply, communication systems and distribution of drinking water have been disrupted in various parts of the state. Train and air services have been disrupted and road transport services are in disarray with stretches of roads under water.
The flood situation in Kerala continues to be grim as death reaches close to 100. With the Meteorological department predicting heavy to very heavy rains across the state, a red alert has been sounded in all 14 districts. More than 1.5 lakh people have been lodged in relief camps across the state.
We therefore request everyone to share the information within your network and contribute, it will be a great help. The links and payment options are mentioned below.
The website link is https://donation.cmdrf.kerala.gov.in/#donation
- Contribution can be made directly by going to donation.cmdrf.kerala.gov.in
* The payment procedure is simple, secure and easy
*Once you log on to the website, click on the donate menu and fill the Online Donation Form.
* Basic information like email Id, name and phone number will be asked.
*It will then redirect you to a payment gateway where you can pay through net banking, credit cards and debit cards. In some cases, before you reach the payment gateway, they may ask you to verify via captcha.
* Once the transaction is successful, you will get a payment success notification on the display as well as on your email address. This includes a certificate from the principal secretary (finance) as well as a 100 per cent tax exemption certificate.
- Money can be contributed by cheque/DD or internet banking.
* In case you plan to send to mail a cheque/DD, you can address it to
The Principal Secretary (Finance) Treasurer,
Chief Minister’s Distress Relief Fund,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695001