Increase Some Love Quotient in the Atmosphere
Tanuja Rane, Interior Designer & Founder of Tanuja & Associates
This is the time of the year when love is just not in the air but all over us. However, this year will be different than usual. All thanks to the pandemic. There is nothing to get disappointed, you can still uplift your mood.
- Playing with colors – We cannot ignore the fact that colors have a big role in impelling your mood and choices. Several brands use colors to influence the minds of consumers in their branding and marketing campaigns. Taking a cue from this, you can add a hint of red and purple to the décor to create the ‘ideal mood’. Red is known to bring out passion, desire and attraction whereas purple is helpful in bringing out a sense of calm and loyalty.
- Use flowers both fresh and artificial to decorate your room – There are two main reasons why you can use artificial flowers to decorate your room. One of the reasons is fresh flowers lose their freshness quicker and artificial flowers are easily available and long lasting. Also, if you decorate your room with artificial flowers on Valentine’s Day, it is a great option for many people, as they are sustainable and especially it is good for those with allergies.
- Add automated mood lights to your décor – Lighting plays a very important role in influencing a person’s mood. Dimmed lights are a great way to create a romantic atmosphere in the home. Also one can use app based lights, which can be easily altered depending on one’s mood through the touch of a button.
- Fairy lights to uplift the mood – Some trends never go out of fashion and using fairy lights is one of them. Fairy lights adds a distinct atmosphere which is neither too subtle nor overboard. Fairy lights are extremely versatile, and can be used in a number of places. Battery operated fairy lights can be used in various planters around the home or behind sheer curtains. They can also be created in the form of a heart shape on window glass behind a sheer curtain to add an element of surprise. Additionally, they can also be used in empty glass jars and kept on tables. They will definitely add romance to the entire atmosphere. And the best part is they come in different colors.
- Decorating the table – A table is an integral part of any Valentine’s Day event. Using table runners, glass wares beautifully decorated on the table is certainly a great way to impress your valentine.