Kerala prepares action plan in Maradu demolition case

Kerala prepares action plan in Maradu demolition case
27/09/2019 , by , in News/Views

After being taken to task by the Supreme Court earlier this week in the Kochi Maradu demolition case, Kerala Chief Secretary Tom Jose on Wednesday submitted a plan of action to the state cabinet to raze the complex.

Jose informed the state cabinet about the seriousness of the top court regarding the case and is said to have said that there is no other way but to abide by its orders.

The apex court had set a deadline of September 20 to demolish the flats, which had been built in violation of the Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) rules. The Maradu complex comprises of 356 flats in five buildings and is housing 240 families.

The Kerala government, however, delayed the follow up action and the Supreme Court on Monday pulled up the Chief Secretary for not complying with its orders.

About Realty Plus

Loading...