MADS Creation Unveils Interior Trends – 2021
Gurgaon-based luxury interior concepts and custom design company MADS Creations has unveiled a collection of images that depict interior trends for the upcoming year. It is all about soothing environments highlighted with a pop of colour, an exciting mix of materials and textures, eye-catching contours and luxe elements that lift up the spirit.
“The quest is for a home that brings the assurance of wellness – both of the body and the mind. Since we now live, work, play, dine-in, workout, entertain and relax at home, it has come to mean so many things. Interior design has to ensure that the home embodies all of that – comfort, ergonomics, an individualistic style, a cheerful and pleasing décor,” says Meenu Agarwal, Founder and Principal Designer, MADS Creations.
- Soothing Colour Palette: Warm and calming colour palettes like pastels, blues like teal and dusty blue, mint green, grey, pale yellow, as well as a pop of bright and cheerful shades ensure a soothing environment.
- Mixed materials with Natural Tone: We use a very wide material palette, which will continue. A mix of materials always offers a multi-sensory experience. But there will be a pronounced leaning towards natural and eco-friendly materials. Wood, cane, stones, will dominate.
- Soft and Tactile Textures: As we seek solace from everything around us, a multitude of textures brought in by diverse materials will create interest. Soft and tactile textures will be sought after for the sensations they offer.
- Connect the Indoors and Outdoors: A connect with nature in whatever form is always soothing. Bring in an outdoorsy feeling by including greenery and potted plants into your indoors. Greenery also allows you to create a laidback vibe that is supremely relaxing. During these uncertain times, people have become more conscious of the environment, so plants and natural elements, sustainable materials and decor will feature prominently in the scheme.
- An All-Inclusive Oasis :People are redesigning their homes to include a full-fledged office and study spaces, home theatre, lounge, entertainment space, gym, games area, etc. People are also looking to do things together as a family, so a well-designed media room with comfortable loungers, a kitchen where the entire family can cook together, a lavishly furnished living room to sit and play board games – these are gaining importance. Space permitting, people are incorporating a gym and a gaming area also into their homes.