Mofatraj Munot Founder and Chairman -Kalpataru Group
A first generation entrepreneur Mofatraj started his entrepreneurial foray in the late sixties,inspired by a single point agenda to create meaningful livelihoods for as many people as he could in the difficult economic situation prevalent then. For him, the housing sector has a larger responsibility towards sustainable nation building.
Kalpataru Limited, Kalpataru’s flagship real estate company established in 1969 today one of has a presence in nine cities,has delivered more than 18 million square feet of projects with a further 25 million square feet under development. Some of Kalpataru’s iconic real estate developments include,
- ‘Neelambar’, a 21–storey high–rise, back in 1973, on Peddar Road, when Mumbai was still not acquainted with high–rises.
- ‘Kshitij’in 1974 which at 33–storeys, was the tallest building in Mumbai until 1999, when the 39–storeyed Kalpataru Heights came up at Mumbai Central
- ‘Srishti’, Kalpataru’s integrated township at Mira Road, completed in 1986 introduced the new trend of 1.5 bedroom apartments
- Kalpataru Habitat, constructed in 2003, was Mumbai’s first building with rooftop golf putting green and tennis court.
- Kalpataru Horizon constructed in 2006, was an architectural marvel, with its 1st residential floor at the 14th level, which offered expansive sea view to all residents.
- Kalpataru Square, constructed in 2008, was Asia’s 1st and the world’s 6th building to get Platinum Level Certification LEED – Core & Shell by US Green Building Council.
- Kalpataru Pinnacle, launched in 2013, is uniquely planned with its orientation and apartment layouts allowing each of the three apartments on every floor to face the west,capitalizing on the westerly breeze in Mumbai throughout the year.
As India grows so will the demand for housing for all segments from affordable to luxury. Our industry should be well prepared to meet this demand. Especially, the needs of those at the lowest levels of the income pyramid.
“We have a solemn responsibility to ensure that every Indian has a roof over his head. We must expand our horizons to learn from best practices across the world, and try and apply that learning to offer maximum value to our customers locally. We must innovate, for the greatest value unlocking will happen with innovation. Importantly, we must ensure that we do so sustainably, so that we have a constructive legacy to leave behind for future generations”
KalpataruGroup is guided by Munot’s philosophy of focusing on customers, emphasis on quality, passion for innovation, commitment to the highest ethical standards, and respect towards one and all. He has inspired his teams to adopt the same standards and culture, and, he continues to motivate and guide them byhis vision and expertise enabling them to chart out robust growth strategies.