Where Innovation Flows
Sandeep Engineer, Managing Director, Astral Pipes briefs on the company’s products and how in future, they will continue to expand their offerings while keeping Indian requirements and global standard in minds.
Astral Pipes was established in 1996 to manufacture worldclass plumbing and drainage systems. Astral’s ‘where innovation flows’ approach has been instrumental in making the company a torch bearer in this category. Keeping itself
ahead of the technology curve, Astral has always been a front runner in the piping category by bringing innovations and getting rid of old, primitive and ineffective plumbing methods. Today, Astral Pipes is one of the leading manufacturers of plumbing systems, drainage systems, agriculture systems, fire sprinkler piping systems, industrial piping and electrical conduit pipes with all kinds of necessary fittings.
In 2014, Astral forayed into the adhesives category by acquiring UK-based Seal It Services Ltd. and Kanpurbased Resinova Chemie Ltd. which manufacture adhesives, sealants and construction chemicals. In 2018, the company entered into infrastructure and other related piping businesses through the acquisition of Rex Polyextrusion Ltd. Astral Pipes’ infrastructure division Rex offers a comprehensive product range including corrugated piping for drainage and cables, polyolefin cable channels, sewage treatment plants, plastic sheathing ducts, suction hoses, and sub-surface drainage systems.
The Star Products
Astral Pipes offers the widest product range across this category when it comes to product applications. Astral Pipes manufactures pipes and fittings for diverse uses. Astral Adhesives manufactures a diversified range of adhesives, sealants, putties and construction aids.
- Astral CPVC PRO is an advanced option for hot and cold water applications
- Astral Silencio enables absorption of airborne and structure-borne sound
- Astral DrainMaster is a uPVC conventional drainage system for soil, waste and rain water
- Bondtite is a two-component, transparent epoxy adhesive system
- Resiwood is an excellent PVA adhesives for wood working.
- D-Rex Double Walled Corrugated (DWC) is the durable alternative of conventional RCC and DI piping systems Facts:
- Astral Pipes was the first to introduce CPVC piping system in India in 1999
- Astral Pipes was the first to launch lead-free uPVC plumbing piping system in India in 2004
- Astral Pipes was the first to get the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) certification for CPVC plumbing system in India in 2007
- Astral Pipes was the first to launch lead-free uPVC column pipes in India in 2012
- Astral Pipes was the first Indian piping company to have NSF approval for its own CPVC plumbing compound
- Astral’s Silencio is one of the world’s best high-density, low-noise drainage pipes
- Astral Adhesives Rescue Tape is a self-fusing silicone repair tape with more than 101 uses in day-to-day life.
To read the full article, write to us for Digital Edition of the Realty+ Coffee Table Book – “The Pillars Of Real Estate” at firstname.lastname@example.org